Jan 2007 to Present: Teaching: Earthscience Spring term at Del Campo High School, Carmichael, CA.
Jun 2006 to Jul 2006: Teaching: Grades 8/9 Math Intervention at Mira Loma High School, Carmichael, CA
Aug 2005 to Jan 2006: Teaching: Earthscience at Mesa Verde High School, Citrus Heights, CA.
Jan 2005 to Jun 2005: Teaching: Earthscience and Lifescience at Mesa Verde High School, Citrus Heights.
Oct 2004 to Jan 2005: Teaching Algebra 1A at Mesa Verde High School, Citrus Heights, CA.
Aug 2003 to Oct 2003: Student teaching 9th grade science at Casa Roble high school in Citrus Heights, CA.
YEARS OF MILITARY, TECHNICAL & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
JUL 1996 to May 1997: NAWCWD, Pt. Mugu, CA, GS-12:
JUL 1995 to JUL 1996: HPCMO, Arlington VA, GS-12
1981 to JUN 1995: NAWCWD, Pt. Mugu, CA, GS-12
1978-81: McDonnell Douglas: St Louis MO; Hulman Field IN; Patuxent
1. Worked a one-year assignment as Radar and Weapons System FSE at Hulman Field, IN, where the 15th TFW was converted from F-100s to the F-4D. Here I taught Radar theory and weapons systems maintenance to the ANG maintenance personnel.
2. After in-house training on digital electronics and the F/A-18 weapons integration system, I served on the F/A-18 Full Scale Development (FSD) program team at NAS Patuxent River, MD. Subsequently I was selected for the FSE team to accompany the first deployment of the F/A-18 to NAS Point Mugu, CA with VX1.
USAF: 12 sem. units electronics; intro to various prog. Languages; GPS & radar courses, etc.; MDD, St. Louis, MO: digital architecture, digital circuit design. Flew in and some stick time in a range of aircraft incl. Cessna 150, De Havilland Dove, P-3 (600 hrs), F-4, A-7, A-3, during Vietnam War, the Jolly Green Giant.
Graduated from mini-Test Pilot School (taught by Dr. Shawn Roberts at Pt. Mugu and Mohave Airport).
SECURITY CLEARANCE: SECRET (Interim TS for Navy Res.) I have had a minimum of secret clearance since 1967 with only a minor disruption (break in service) until 1997. Re-establishing any clearance for the current break in service should be a relatively simple matter.
2) LaVerne U, CA: MS Bus. Mgmt., 3 sem. Calc.
3) Glendale CC, AZ: 2 sem. Phys. 3 sem Bio, Alg 101/2, Trig
4) Oxnard CC, CA: Chem. 101.
5) In 1998 I passed the CBEST. Since then I worked as a K-12 substitute teacher.
6) In 2002/3 I passed the CA Science Teacher Tests: SST & Praxis II, as well as the German Teacher credentialing tests.
7) In 2003 I completed the entire academic portion of the curriculum leading to a Masters in Teaching Science from National U.
8) 2005 (Oct) passed the CA-required Constitutional Test and applied for teaching internship.
Extra-curricular: I have been an AAFA certified physical fitness trainer.
I am also widely traveled (46 countries). Following extensive military
travel (incl. Thailand, Korea, Guam, Taiwan, Okinawa, P.I., and Misawa,
Jpn), as a civilian in 1999 I spent two months in Vietnam, Cambodia,
& Singapore. In 2000 I visited Russia, Azerbajan, Turkmenistan,
Uzbekistan, & Kazakhstan. In 2001 I spent six months touring all
of Europe and Morocco. In 2005 I traveled by train through the Balkan
from Vienna to Budapest, to Bucharest, to Sofia, to Istanbul, and beyond.
In April through May 2006 traveled Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, &